Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Show at the Studio

Christmas time at the dance studio means that parents are invited behind closed doors to see what all the tiny dancers have been up to. My dad is the official "dance mom" for Abby. HA! Thanks to a morning dance class time, I'm not able to go, but he makes a great fill-in. And...since Ben's work schedule is all crazy right now, he got to go, too!

My tiny little tapper loves to do her shuffles and her boogie woogies!


And, oh that chalk initial brings back memories. This is the same little floor that held thousands of chalk "J's" for me through the years.

A few days later, Audrey had her turn at performing. She put together a snazzy little ensemble. :) I was really impressed with the barre work that the girls did tonight. This first grade class is working through the same Al Gilbert combinations that I did. I am getting a bit panicked for my child...next up is the buffalo and the maxi ford!! I am pretty sure that these other girls have been technically trained for years, and despite Audrey's dance enrollment since before she was two, it was NOTHING like this. Maybe Audrey should ask for a cd to practice with at home. Yikes! (I am a proud momma, nonetheless, just feeling a bit helicopterish when I see what her dancing friends can already do!!)

She relaxed a bit when it was time for ballet and the girls did a precious little routine, with lots of spins and twirls and plies.

It can't be a party without the traditional juice and cookies! We had our dessert first tonight...

Oh I just love that my girls are getting to dance with the best! Mrs. Tina keeps hinting retirement. The first recital that I danced under her direction was in 1988, but she still looks exactly the same!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Meet Jen

So, here we are! I'm raising two sweet girls with my high school sweetheart...and we are enjoying every single second of our perfectly imperfect lives! I love sweet tea, a good book, free time, shopping, conversations with good friends, date nights, and Jesus. :)

In Case You Missed It...

my blogging friends

blogs I read

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs by Krista
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved