This week, I'm working with the fabulous folks at I Am Second to help promote their newest book, Live Second. Earn FREE products if you purchase by Saturday.
Entry #3: SUCCESS: Camels
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.
—Mark 10:25
The daily passage that I'll be sharing today deals with money and our love of money. This verse used to confuse me. Does it mean that "rich people" won't enter the kingdom of God? Absolutely not. God uses this comparison to show how easy it is for people to put money first. Now, upon first glance, I wouldn't really consider my family to be rich by any means. I could make a list of names for you right now of all the people I know with more square footage....with more "toys"....with more vacations....with more designer clothes....with more luxury in every possible area of their life. We're a middle class family by all standards of the term. But when we pull back the lens a bit a take a peek at my life compared to the rest of the world, then by THOSE standards, why yes, we are rich.
Favorite quote from today's reading:
"Entrance into his kingdom has nothing to do with job titles or 401(k)s or manicured lawns, and everything to do with our heart, our affections, and our priorities."
What if I stopped worrying so much about Ben's next position at work, or my next degree, or what kind of tile will be in my next bathroom? What if I stopped caring less about my girls' clothes, or what neighborhood we will live in, or what brand my purse is? What if we spent less on going out to eat, or ordering junk online, or the latest and greatest "thing" that everyone else has?
Living second is hard.



0 comments:
Post a Comment