Joining up today with bloggers around the world to promote the newest book from the wonderful people at I Am Second. Books are available in stores and online beginning this week, and there are FREE things for you if you get one between now and the 15th.
Entry #2: RELATIONSHIPS: Love Defined
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
—1 Corinthians 13:1
My assignment for today was to take a look at an entire week devoted to relationships, and throughout each day I noticed that the underlying theme was love. God's love for us, the love the we should have for others....all relationships, big or small, are affected by the way that we love.
Reading through it the first time, I, of course, thought of love towards my husband, my girls, my parents, my family....but it caused me to think a little more deeply about just how far reaching our love should go. What about the waiter at the restaurant? What about the stranger on the other end of an annoying phone call? What about the people you work with? Or the people you are waiting in line with?
My absolute favorite line in this particular day's reading was this:
"Love is not a line on our to-do list. It is the whole list..."
And, just for fun, here's a quick promo video to learn more. As I've talked with people this week in my new town, I realized that there were very few that knew what "I Am Second" was. Living near Dallas, I was used to seeing billboards, bumper stickers, t-shirts....so if you've never heard of it, watch this!



0 comments:
Post a Comment