Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Hometown Hallsville Holiday

Tonight was the night that Audrey has been waiting for all week...her big debut on a stage in our hometown! It's very surreal to take my kids into the same places that have been familiar to me for so many years. This cafeteria is the same place where I waited anxiously for my turn to go on stage to get my kindergarten diploma, it's where I spent every day at lunch in high school, it's where my dad received his "Citizen of the Year" award...lots of memories in this building, and tonight, my girls made some fun memories of their own!

Grandmother is still not 100%, so she had to stay behind. Grandaddy came with us for our front row view of the cutest little candy cane dancer around!

I just LOVE it when this sweet girl spots me in the crowd! The girls were part of the pre-show entertainment. Ironically, I found out later that one of the little girls standing RIGHT beside Audrey is the daughter of one of my dearest friends from high school.

Audrey was GROOVIN' tonight...and if you've ever seen Audrey dance, then you know that she likes to add her own little flare to whatever it is she's doing. Tonight was no exception, and there were lots of extra shimmies and shakes to the beat. :)

The actual production tonight was amazing...I must say that I was quite pleased with the caliber of tonight's performance. Leaving Dallas theater behind has been an "issue" of mine, so it was a great surprise to see a show in my old high school auditorium that would rival any Christmas production in the city. They even made it snow!!

After the show, the kids were invited up on the stage to greet the characters. Audrey and Abby, having front row seats, made a beeline to Santa. They were so funny around him...very reserved and definitely trying to stay on the nice list!


There were lots of other characters to greet, too. Rudolph....the baker from the polar express...

...a gingerbread man and Frosty...

...a toy ballerina and a Christmas tree...

...and of course, a hippopotamus! (Because everyone wants a hippopotamus for Christmas, right?)

And, for your entertainment.... :)

1 comments:

The McIntires said...

They even got to see Mrs. Claus! We never get to see her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Meet Jen

So, here we are! I'm raising two sweet girls with my high school sweetheart...and we are enjoying every single second of our perfectly imperfect lives! I love sweet tea, a good book, free time, shopping, conversations with good friends, date nights, and Jesus. :)

In Case You Missed It...

my blogging friends

blogs I read

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs by Krista
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved